Friday, July 13, 2012

FURNITURE SERIES: I'm into Furniture lately


I am into furniture lately. I don’t mean buying furniture.  I just fancy looking at them and finding interesting ones.

Scouting for the right piece is one difficult task. When we moved in to our (means: owner-like possession according to NSO since we had it though loan) new house.

I could even say “difficult” is an understatement because:
1.       Everyone wants a cohesive look for the house.
2.       if you’re starting a home, like in our case that we basically don’t have anything, you need to buy everything.
3.       That “everything” costs much.
4.       Most of our friends were generous to have money as gifts to our wedding – to our delight, then. I now wished that we received that much starter sets.
5.       Most importantly, getting any piece of furniture entails an arduous process. We, as husband and wife need to have a consensus. We basically have different tastes. She goes for oriental look. I go for Filipino vintage theme. I just don’t want our house to look feung-sui-ish, while I understand how she despises old looking abode.

We still lack lot of things we needed in our houses such as shoe rack, more dressers, kitchen cabinets, food keepers etc. This is basically due to financial constraints. Secondary, there are things that we can now afford but awaiting the purchase of pre-requisite items (para lang subject sa college ah). We opt not to buy for the fear it won’t be coordinated with the priority items. We cannot furnish the house with the likes of picture frames, vases and other decorative items until we completed acquiring more coffee tables, dining chairs, accent pieces and foyers.

The plan to give my son’s room a “Toy story look” is still a plan.






For now, I have to settle appreciating good pieces I see even though not for the purpose of having them at home. These first two pieces I saw were during an official business I had. I asked for the owners’ permission to have pictures taken. 

(1. the Stool. it is an ordinary stool. I think it was a single piece which was made to order. I liked it for the raw approach - intentionally or not. The other one was like a coffee table but it was placed right before the main entrance door. I suppose it is being used as a shoe rack.  I think footwear are put underneath. What attracted me was the usual wooden bangkito but with with tile surface. I already had this idea of turning a former patungan ng cabinet into reception bench with tile surface like this, even before i saw this one.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment