Thursday, June 13, 2013

Richard Guevara the Photographer

This is my shot. I cover for the office's regular activities and events so ang orientation ko supposedly is journalism style ng photography. I have to capture the action. This photo has daya. It was shot from a regular digi-cam and I enhanced it. 

Matapos ang pagka-haba habang panahon di pa rin ako nakakabili ng DSLR Camera, kahit ung pinaka-mura lang.
Web definitions
A digital single-lens reflex camera (digital SLR or DSLR) is a digital camera that uses a mechanical mirror system and pentaprism to...
One indication of success, however you define it, is when you get invitations for speaking engagement, serve as judge in contests or ultimately, get featured in a magazine or newspaper. I envision of how I am going to be asked of my accomplishments. I got invited in small time singing and beauty contests few times and it excites me how am I going to be introduced. At the jury table, I was approached by a student, then she listed down where I work or how I could pass as an adequate person to asses beauty. The program was a disaster and it ended without mentioning who -along with other judges, we are.

I have yet to do speaking engagement. In our office I get to have the task of asking the accomplishments of our guest speakers. There is even a rule of not asking the person himself. I have to get it from the secretary or any of the staff. Anyway, the magazine feature is a planet afar from reality. 

I would simply love to be introduced as Government Employee, Part time Instructor and a writer. If they happen to know that I have a Master's degree that would be fine but I won't be the one tell them If they don't.

Interests would give layer on my personality like I manage blog, or I won a prestigious writing contest or I'm into photography but not a photographer.

***

I will never be a photographer.
I intend to buy a DSLR camera but I don't intend to be a photographer.

There are things I won't do had I acquired one.
1. I will not do pre-nup pictorials and wedding coverage. Everyone does that and I don't think I would make any difference.
I am a follower of Daphne.ph and her previous journal where I read that she had photo journalist on her wedding. I really loved how her wedding was covered -as I remember. I can't find them now. She must have made them private now.

2. I will not do portfolio of a local contest.
I just won't.

3. I will not put a mark RGuevara Photography on my photos especially those uploaded in Facebook account.
I met someone and upon introduction, he said that I have a namesake who is a very brilliant photographer. He's from Bataan also and I hear praises for him. So it would not be a very good idea if people gets upset in cases of mistaken identity. Having a screen name may be an option. Anyway I have three more names as choices.

4. I will take pictures of penitensya and senakulo. that's totally gross.
I just won't.

5. I will not get an affiliation from a photography club - especially nude or body painting sessions.
I just won't.

So what will I do?
I manage blogs so I have to come up with interesting visuals to complement my writing. I was greatly inspired by what I saw in TV interview. I can't remember exactly who. I had Senator Chiz Escudero in mind but I checked the internet but there was no trace that he's into photography. The next person in mind is Atty. Raymond Fortun which I confirmed that he's into Wedding photography.  He got into Photography because he gets upset about not capturing important moments in his family life like the exact moment of pinning of medal or handing of diploma on his children's graduation. Elmo is only one four years old. I'm sure that there are still lots of graduations and firsts that I can capture.

I do field work and there are lots of things I see that I must have taken pictures of. I really like structures, interior design, landscapes and furniture.

I  grabbed works of friends who are into photography where I can draw inspiration.  Euphemism for persons I am envious of.

Melanie V. Diaz
She's a classmate in grade school. if you'll look at her FB account, 1 million na yata pictures niya dun. I've been doing publications for our office which I need pictures of Bataan. I sent a message to ask permission to use her picture. I got a very welcoming response. She'll take you to a journey through the places she has been. It not just because that she's going to lots of place, the magic is how she showcases the each of them.
chicago botanic garden

discover bataan

 henna tattoo 101 the indian way

 sidetrip to vietnam

Roy Dela Cruz
Among my high school classmates, he is the one on photography. I think I am (FB) friends with most of my batch mates but he's the only one who does photography. He must have another account for his works or not keen enough on showing most of them. His FB account is not that generous but for those few albums posted you'll get to know his style. The best work so far (according to our batchmates) is how he covered our high school reunion. 
His account describes the right picture "trying to make my own self portrait,,,,,... wala magawa..."

this is one of his first works as described in his FB account.


Rowell Renosa
He's my brother in law. He captures family moments such as thosse found in my other blog. 
the photoshoot queen felicity.





Israel Matias
He is a cousin of my brother in law. I just know he's a photographer so why not add him on the list. These are two of his works. I think he does it for profession kasi may label "iam photography". 


***
Anyway, this is just a blog post - not a contract. I might still change my mind.

0 comments:

Post a Comment